RE: [GreenYes] Fw: Recycling and Pepsi
And, exactly what percentage of which beverage does Pepsi bottle in glass???

>>> "Smith, Kathryn" <KSmith@presidiotrust.gov> 01/31/02 02:29PM >>>
> I am responding to your question regarding the percentage of Pepsi
> containers that are made with recycled material.
> Aluminum cans contain 51.2% previously used aluminum cans.
> Glass bottles contain 25-35% previously used glass cullet.

Don't all glass bottles contain 25-35% recycled cullet?  And don't all
aluminum cans contain 50-60% recycled content?  In other words, these are
the standard containers manufactured.  It's not as though Pepsi is doing
anything to ensure that their products contain recycled content.