[GreenYes] energy supply
In the U.S., 55% of our energy comes from coal.  While petroleum
products are where we are vulnerable to foreign suppliers, and while I
am actively involved in developing a photovoltaic system, the central
questions we will face as a nation in the upcoming conflict are about
the efficiency and reliability of our energy supply and about efficient
energy sources for transportation.  Strategically, the easiest opening
for the environmental community will be to argue for clean coal and
alternative mobile energy storage systems whose efficiency reduces their
environmental impact.

Don Scherer
Environmental Ethicist