From: Aluotto, Jeffrey [mailto:Jeffrey.Aluotto@hamilton-co.org]
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2001 7:56 AM
To: 'greenyes@grrn.org'
Subject: [GreenYes] Plastic Beer Bottles

Hi All:

We're preparing to make a pitch to one of our local professional sports
stadiums on expanding their stadium recycling program to include the single
serve PET containers becoming more popular at these venues.  Does anyone
have any general information on the impact to the waste stream of the new
plastic beer bottles.  I recognize there are some market development/product
specification issues with the new bottles but I think our local processor is
prepared to deal with those.  I'm really just looking for some general waste
generation data.  As part of our pitch, we want to show the stadium
operators that the single serve PET bottles really are becoming a
significant waste mgt. issue.  We are lacking, however, data on the beer
bottles.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeffrey W. Aluotto
Manager,
Hamiliton County Solid Waste Management District
(513) 946-7719