Re: [GreenYes] Text Book Reuse and Recycling Programs
I would suggest that the Pittsburgh coordinator make a list of specific
textbooks and quantities available, and broadcast over the Internet.  Could
even use eBay.  Someone out there is bound to pick up on it.  A second
thought is to try working with relief agencies that work in Africa, India
etc.--countries where English is spoken.  They would be happy to take
texbooks, and it would be great publicity for the school.
Don Hughes

At 04:46 PM 05/23/2001 -0700, Graham, Marshalle wrote:
>     Good afternoon.  I recently received a request for information about
>text book reuse and recycling programs from the Science and Mathematics
>coordinator for Pittsbu  The District will be going through a new textbook
>adoption this month, and this coordinator is looking for information on
>where to reuse or   Any information would be most grateful.  Thank you in
>advance for your assistance.  Marshalle A. Graham  California Integrated
>Waste Management Board  Office of Local Assistance  Phone (916) 341-6270
>Fax (916) 319-7305  MGraham@CIWMB.ca.gov  "The energy challenge facing
>California is real. Every Californian needs to take immediate action to
>reduce energy consumption. For a list of simple ways you can reduce demand
>and cut your energy costs, see our Web-site at http://www.ciwmb.ca.gov/";

        Don Hughes      Dept. of Chemistry
        315-470-6597    431 Jahn Lab
			SUNY-College of environmental science & forestry
                        SYRACUSE, NY 13210
"I don't believe there's any problem in this country, no matter how tough
it is, that Americans, when they roll up their sleeves, can't completely
ignore."
				- George Carlin