[GreenYes] Looking for cities that want to start PAYT
Dear Greenyes List Serve,
I was hoping to get some help from people on this list serve in identifying a few medium-sized to large cities (population over 50,000) that are interested in starting up a Pay-As-You-Throw (PAYT) waste and recyclables collection program.
The U.S. EPA can provide these communities with technical assistance on how to implement a PAYT program, set up a rate structure, educate participants, and avoiding pitfalls. EPA is particularly interested in talking to cities that are ready to start up a PAYT program and would benefit from EPA's technical expertise. This is a great opportunity to get free educational and technical expertise that can help them transition more smoothly to a PAYT program.
 If any of you know of or work for a city that would benefit from this type of free educational assistance, I would really appreciate it if you could contact me directly with your name, city, and contact information. You can reach me by e-mail at jheumann@erg.com, or call me at 703/841-1714.
Any thoughts on contacts in cities that are interested in PAYT, but perhaps not yet ready to start up a program, would be appreciated too.
Thanks for your assistance and any leads anyone can provide.
Jenny Heumann
Senior Communications Manager
ERG, Inc.
2200 Wilson Blvd., Suite 400