Re: [GreenYes] European Taxes on Recyclable Commodies
Hi Christine,

I'm not familiar with the program in Denmark or the Netherlands, but in Germany the
Duales System Deutschland assesses a fee to carry the green dot on a product and its
packaging. The fee is based on the cost of recycling that packaging material. Then
Duales, financed by the private sector, administers the recovery and recycling of
the packaging material. The Duales website has lots of information in English so
don't be afraid to check it out.

Cindy Pollock Shea

--
Cindy Pollock Shea