Re: Photocopier Toner
Some copy machines have a bottle that catches excess toner that didn't stick
to the paper in making copies.  My research a few years ago consisted of
checking out the MSDS on toner.  It is basically fine carbon particles.  It
poses the respiratory hazards of any fine dust - that's all.  A local toner
cartridge rebuilder told me it needs to be really clean and pure to put back
in a cartridge, and it's too cheap to mess with the used stuff.

So I toss it in the trash, contained, so no one is going to breathe the
dust.

----- Forwarded by Rebecca Duckworth
     Hello Heidi,

     We have toner for a 1989 Ricoh 4430 photocopier we excessed 3 years
     ago.  Can you tell me how I can dispose of the toner?  This has been a
     burning question for me for years.  I appreciate your help.

     Wendy Nettles, Inv. Asst.
     U.S. Customs Service
     Resident Agent in Charge
     2420 Vista Way, Ste. 208
     Oceanside, CA 92054
     760/722-6616 ext. 410

the world. In fact, it is the only thing that ever has."   -Margaret Mead
Jeffrey Smedberg, Recycling Programs Coordinator
County of Santa Cruz Public Works Department, California
831/454-2373  Fax 831/454-2385  E-mail recycle@co.santa-cruz.ca.us