[GreenYes] Recycling oil contaminated HDPE

Hi everybody,

I was kindly directed to this list by Debra Lombard, and I hope someone can help
me.  I am seeking advice on the fate of post consumer HDPE contaminated with oil
- specifically fuel tanks on vehicles at end-of-life.

Can anyone tell me the most likely disposal route and also whether it costs
money to dispose of (e.g. in an incinerator or landfill) or has value (e.g. from
possibility of recovering energy through burning or as a resource for
recycling)?  And what is this cost/value likely to be?

Thanks for your help,

Peter Shonfield

This transmission is confidential and must not be used or disclosed by
anyone other than the intended recipient. Neither Corus Group Plc nor
any of its subsidiaries can accept any responsibility for any use or
misuse of the transmission by anyone.