Re: [GreenYes] Artic National Wildlife Refuge Demise
The World Resources Institute yesterday (February 15)
released a study, "Facing the United States Oil Supply
Problems:  Would Opening Up the Arctic National
Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) Really Make A Difference?"
prepared by James J. MacKenzie. It's available at the
WRI website (www.wri.org).  MacKenzie states that "we
cannot rely on ANWR to significantly alleviate our
long-term security problems stemming from our reliance
on increasingly imported oil."  He argues that "U.S.
oil production, for all intents and purposes, is a
thing of the past, not the future.  And producing oil
from ANWR does not materially change this simple
conclusion."

Steven J. Russ
Beltsville, MD