[GreenYes] Re: Citizen reclamation at landfill inquiry

Title: [GreenYes] Re: Citizen reclamation at landfill inquiry

You should be able to get some answers after  the "The Recycle Ike
Contest- Houston's Wood Debris Recycling Contest" as one of its
contest intention is to generate and publicize examples of ways to
reduce green house gases through recycling green waste.

http://greenbeingnancy.blogspot.com/2008/10/recycle-ike-contest.html

Since you already have a dumping ground for demolition materials, you
may want to expand it to accept other wood material.  You will be able
to find ideas of what they can be used for other than burning them in
stoves or fire places:

Create mulch
http://greenbeingnancy.blogspot.com/2008/02/money-from-wood-waste.html

TerraMai buy and sells "reclaimed" wood sourced from around the world.
 Old beams, doors and structures can be restored for new buildings or
made into antique furniture.
http://greenbeingnancy.blogspot.com/2007/03/something-old-before-you-chuck-check.html

Drift wood:
http://greenbeingnancy.blogspot.com/2008/08/that-old-trees-dead-now-what.html

Creating with roots:
http://greenbeingnancy.blogspot.com/2008/07/heal-with-torn-fabrics-and-roots.html

Working with veneer
http://greenbeingnancy.blogspot.com/2008/05/veneers-can-make-you-artist.html

Create compost and bins for compost
http://greenbeingnancy.blogspot.com/2008/04/composting-methods.html

I have discovered from Vinegar Man that you can make vinegar out of
juice from wood as long as it contains sugar or starch.  If the
vinegar did not turn out well enough for consumption, just spray it in
your garden to help get rid of those weeds!
http://www.vinegarman.com/VinegarMaking.shtml

Grow mushroom
http://greenbeingnancy.blogspot.com/2008/03/leftover-mushroom-grow-them.html

Eg of functional wood art