[GreenYes] Re: Proximity of beverage containers' receptacles to trash cans.

I have taught of a solution to that.  Create a slot machine whereby people will get something when they drop the recyclable into the machine.

I know that some slot machines like the ones for cigarettes are no longer in use.  Maybe these can be modified to do the work.  To reduce cost to get this going:

1) Get the companies to place their advertisements on such machines.  Make it a Corporate social responsibility.
2) The "reward" from the slot machine can be corporate gifts.
3) Schools can encourage students to create stuff made up of abandoned aka waste material for such machines.
4) The money raised from the recyclables dropped into the machine should also be able to generate funds to make it work.

Now you do not have to go to Las Vegas to play slot machines.  How's that?

Nancy
http://greenbeingnancy.blogspot.com/