[GreenYes] Re: Proximity of beverage containers' receptacles to trash cans.

That's why the DNC is recruiting scores of volunteers to stand by the waste/recycle stations and coach folks in getting their waste into the right receptacle here in Denver next month.  They're shooting for darn near zero waste!

Ann Dorfman wrote:

I’ve always believed this was a sociology dissertation waiting to happen. I’ve observed a direct correlation between the level of contamination and distance between trash and recycling containers. At a PGA golf tournament held here it was clear that beginning with a distance of one foot between trash and recycling containers the contamination levels rise noticeably. My instructions are always the trash and recycling containers MUST be touching. People love to set them on either side of a doorway or path, but even that guarantees a fairly high level of contamination.

Ann Dorfman

Recycling and Resource Management Consulting

O: 617-244-9321

C: 617-413-4901

F: 617-446-1431

ann_consulting@no.address