[GreenYes] Re: RecycleBank Videos

Hi Christa

The incentive for reducing one's waste can be self generated. Eg, when
the kindergarten my children were in started charging us parents for the
costumes to be used for concerts they organised for the children, there
was an outcry. They are aware that costumes they have to pay for will
not likely be appropriate for street wear.

In one of the theme songs, the children have to dressed up to look like
parrots. I managed to design and created a costume out of old shopping
bags. I do not have a picture of that but I have another example at the
link below:

http://greenbeings.netfirms.com/costume.htm

What we should do is to find ways to make use of stuff that are no
longer use, eg, overgrown old toys children, clothes, etc. I have some
examples in the following link:

http://greenbeings.bravehost.com/tumble.htm
http://greenbeings.netfirms.com/read.htm
http://greenbeings.netfirms.com/samples.htm

I also created a dog scoop out of plastic bottle.
http://greenbeings.netfirms.com/scoop.htm

If one can find a purpose for recycling that can become the incentive to
reduce waste. In my case, it was to reduce cost of raising my children
and the desire to inspire them to keep the environment green. I also
enjoy the opportunity to explore my creativity and look into ways a
business can be created out of waste material. I hope to be able to
share more about it on my GreenBeing Nancy blogspot.

Rgds
Nancy