[GreenYes] Request for Qualifications- Consultant

The Central Vermont Solid Waste Management District

REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
for
Consultant Services to
Help the CVSWMD Envision Potential, Realistic Options for Increased
Capture & Diversion of Materials
in Our Zero Waste Region

Montpelier, Vermont

RFQ Introduction:
The Central Vermont Solid Waste Management District (CVSWMD or the
District) is seeking qualified consultants to deliver services to
assist our Board and staff in understanding the solid waste
infrastructure existing within our region and to envision the options
that would allow the District to capture and divert additional, non
organic (food and yard waste) materials in order to realize our Zero
Waste goals. Qualifications from consultants having direct experience
in or with Zero Waste municipalities, regions and organizations are
preferred. In addition, the District will consider other consultants
who can demonstrate experience dealing with clients, programs and other
initiatives that offer significant diversion opportunities or concepts.

The CVSWMD is a union municipal district under Vermont Law, consisting
of 22 rural communities, inclusive of Montpelier - the state capital.
We are the largest grouping of municipal governments in the United
States to have adopted a Zero Waste Plan. (This document is available
in its draft form on our web site www.cvswmd.org through the member
community page.) We represent a population of approximately 60,000
residents. Additional data is contained in the report. Our annual
budget is approximately $1.4 million.

The consultant chosen from this RFQ process will work primarily with
our Board through a 3-6 month vision process focused on infrastructure
assessment and potential development. We prefer to begin this contract
in March 2007, but that is dependent upon review of responses to this
RFQ, interviews and negotiations with the potential project consultant.

For a complete RFQ contact: Barb Baird administration@no.address 802
229 9383 ext 100 or go to www.cvswmd.org : Employment Opportunities Page