[GreenYes] Re: Plastics

The City of Emeryville, CA accepts "all plastic bottles" although I've
never seen a load refused because it contained other plastics. I spoke
with a WMAC (Waste Management of Alameda County) rep who assured me
that all mixed plastic shipped to China was being accepted at the port
as recyclable, and she was certain that it was all being recycled.

For me, that's the million dollar question. What's happening to all
this plastic in China? How are they recycling 3-7 and non-bottle 1 and
2?

Has anyone actually seen a Chinese plastic recycling plant in
operation? And if so, what type of volume can they handle?

Laurie Stoerkel
City of Emeryville
(510) 596-3795