[GreenYes] Re: Moby Duck IS Required Reading

I second Kendall¹s recommendation. ³Moby Duck² is a joyous read, full of
information, odd cultural connections, and a very interesting balancing act
between celebrating the poetry of mass material culture and pondering its
insanity. At the heart of Hohn¹s essay (yes, it¹s long, but totally worth
it) is the same fascination with stuff that drives most of us recycling &
zero wasters?when you throw something away you¹re not just disposing of
something useful, you¹re disposing of meaning...

I¹m thinking that somehow we need to develop a totemic symbol that combines
two hugging polar bears and a gaggle of yellow duckies floating on an
iceberg.

Harper¹s deserves the magazine purchase. Go to your local Borders or Barnes
and Noble today.

db
--
David Biddle, Executive Director
<http://www.blueolives.blogspot.com>

215-247-3090 (desk)
215-432-8225 (cell)

<http://www.gpcrc.com>

Read In Business magazine to learn about sustainable
businesses in communities across North America!
Go to: <http://www.jgpress.com/inbusine.htm>