[GreenYes] Re: crude oil to gasoline

Yes, 20 and 7 are the 'rule of thumb' but doesn't include home heating oil.

There's propane, butane, asphalt, coke etc etc etc in there, too.

It all depends on where and what the specific refinery is reforming for and
if they are focusing on gasoline.

Here is the average breakdown of refined products for 2000:
source: http://www.classroom-energy.org/teachers/oilfacts.pdf page 3

Product Gallons per Barrel
Gasoline 19.4
Distillate Fuel Oil 9.7
(Includes both home heating oil and diesel fuel)
Kerosene-Type Jet Fuel 4.3
Coke 2.0
Residual Fuel Oil 1.9
(Heavy oils used as fuels in industry, marine
transportation, and for electric power generation)
Liquefied Refinery Gases 1.9
Still Gas 1.8
Asphalt and Road Oil 1.4
Petrochemical Feedstocks 1.1
Lubricants 0.5
Kerosene 0.2
Other 0.4

--
Thanks,
PC

He's the kind of a guy who lights up a room just by flicking a switch

The genius of you Americans is that you never make clear-cut stupid moves,
only complicated stupid moves which make us wonder at the possibility that
there may be something to them which we are missing. - Gamal Abdel Nasser