From: GreenYes@no.address [mailto:GreenYes@no.address] On Behalf
Of michelle
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 6:03 PM
To: GreenYes
Subject: [GreenYes] recycling OLD laser/copy toner cartridges

I'm working with a company who is trying to responsibly recycle laser and
copy toner cartridges from electronics sent for recycling. I know there are
many companies out there who advertise to recycle cartridges, however, the
several that I have talked to seem interested until they discover just how
OLD these cartridges are- Not current printers (OLD printers = OLD
cartridges), not always OEM cartridges (some previously refilled), drums and
waste toner from copy machines (all makes/models), and even older ink
cartridges (which still go in machines many people own, but are not accepted
at local office supply stores for recycling).
I do NOT want to have to advise this company to discard the items in the
trash, but have been unsuccessful in finding a company willing to take the
material- even for a small price/shipping- and it must be gone in the
reasonable future. Would appreciate any references on West Coast or that
can be shipped to.
Thank You-
-Michelle Minstrell
Waste/Recycling Consultant