[GreenYes] Executive Director search, Nebraska Environmental Trust

Nebraska Environmental Trust Seeks New Director

Lincoln, NE - August 18, 2006 - The Search Committee of the Nebraska
Environmental Trust Board met and voted to put into motion the search for an
Executive Director for the Trust, according to Board Chair Gloria Erickson
of Holdrege.

"The Board is seeking someone who can carry out the Board's policy
directives and work effectively with the executive and legislative branches
of government, and with our many grantees and applicants," Erickson said.

The full board established a salary range of $60,000 to $90,000,
commensurate with education and experience, at its last meeting on July 28.

Erickson also stated that the search committee set the position requirements
as a bachelor's degree in administration, planning, natural resources, or
related fields; or six years related experience. Experience in financial
management, grants management, policy development, staff leadership, fund
raising, or partnership development are required, Erickson continued.

Ms. Erikson acknowledged that interest in this position is high. "We have
already received numerous inquiries about the position, and expect to have
many quality applicants to choose from." Continuing, Ms. Erikson stated,
"I'm certain that we'll find the right person, committed to the work and
mission of the Trust, that loves Nebraska as much as I and my fellow board
members do."

Persons interested in applying for the position can apply on line at
www.wrk4neb.org or request application forms from the Nebraska Department of
State Personnel (402-471-2075) and the Nebraska Environmental Trust Office
(402-471-5409).

Further information regarding the position of Executive Director of the
Nebraska Environmental Trust is available by request from the Nebraska State
Department of Personnel, the Nebraska Environmental Trust and at the Trust
website at www.environmentaltrust.org.

The Nebraska Legislature created the Nebraska Environmental Trust in 1992.
Using revenue from the Nebraska Lottery, the Trust has provided over $100
million in grants to more than 870 projects across the state. Anyone -
citizens, organizations, communities, farmers and businesses - can apply for
funding to protect habitat, improve water quality and establish recycling
programs in Nebraska. The Nebraska Environmental Trust works to preserve,
protect and restore our natural resources for future generations.

###

Executive Director of the Nebraska Environmental Trust #33-00001; $60,000/yr
- $90,000/yr; Salary commensurate with education and experience; Lincoln.
The Nebraska Environmental Trust (NET) Board is seeking an Executive
Director who can carry out the policy directives developed by the NET Board
of Directors. The Executive Director is responsible for strong working
relationships with executive and legislative branches of government,
political sub-divisions, non-governmental organizations and individuals
interested in the enhancement and improvement of Nebraska's environmental
landscape. Provide personnel management of the NET Fund work force, assist
the board in strategic planning and long range goal setting. Recommend
biennial budget requests to the board for approval. REQUIREMENTS: Bachelors
degree in administration, planning, natural resources, or related fields OR
six years related experience. Experience in financial management, grants
management, policy development, staff leadership, fund raising, or
partnership development. Ability to communicate effectively and establish
and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, media,
executive and legislative branches of government, and non governmental
organizations. Travel required. Please review the NET Fund web page at
www.environmentaltrust.org. REQUIRES COMPLETION OF SUPPLEMENTAL
QUESTIONNAIRE ON OR BEFORE CLOSING DATE: 9/29/06.

http://www.das.state.ne.us/personnel/questionnaire/33-00001.pdf
supplemental questionnaire

https://www.nebraska.gov/wrk4neb/jobapp/ on-line application form

http://www.das.state.ne.us/personnel/nejobs/per.htm about application