[GreenYes] Commercial (business) recycling - new program

A new program to offer (voluntary) commercial recycling services in
Boise is in the works and making progress... Quick question: Of those
of you implementing similar programs, how do you sign-up customers? Do
you require a waste audit first? Survey the business? How do you sell
them a service that will cost them more money per month (particularly
customers with the lowest level of service)?

Our concern is that businesses may not be aware of the recyclable
materials they generate or the volume. We don't want them to sign up
for too little or too much service (we see this happen all the time
when it comes to waste generation). However, we also don't want to
slow down progress by making businesses wait for an audit unless it is
necessary. Thoughts?

All suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!
Megan