[greenyes] Senior citizen Discounts for recycling

EPA's PAYT program has the following at
http://www.epa.gov/epaoswer/non-hw/payt/faq.htm#special which indicates
Pasadena , CA offers discounts to Senior citizens in its PAYT program.
Contact

How do you cater to the needs of senior citizens?

"What we came up with seems to be working well. We sent a note [to
households] that said, 'If you are over 62 years of age or if you are
disabled, call for special rates.' Almost 10 percent of our population
has called and about 5 percent are on the special rates right now. The
special rate for senior citizens is a 10-percent discount. They can
choose any service option they want, because we found that their needs
varied."

- Pasadena, CA
Contact City of Pasadena. Carolyn Meredith-Recycling Coordinator.
626-744-4721. cmeredith@no.address

see also http://www.villageofroundlakebeach.com/wastemanagement.htm

Mike Giuranna
EPA, Region III