RE: [greenyes] Pavitra, Mary, and Michele closed the circle.

Rick....Short and Sweet ... you said it so well...This will put smiles on
their faces.. Thanks!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: RicAnthony@no.address [mailto:RicAnthony@no.address]
Sent: Friday, May 13, 2005 9:17 PM
To: greenyes@no.address; crra_members@no.address
Cc: judigregry@no.address
Subject: [greenyes] Pavitra, Mary, and Michele closed the circle.

Recycscene May 2005

In New York City, Los Angeles, and Beijing, China, the topics of the day
are zero waste, zero waste communities, jobs and sustainability and resource
management without landfill and burning.

The passing away this year of Pavitra, Mary and Michele remind me of my
mortality and makes me more determined to do a much as I can, while I can.
Certainly these three women are examples of mission driven recyclers who
have pioneered the new frontiers of zero wasting. Like the three arrows in
the recycling triangle Pavitra, Mary, and Michele closed the circle.

Pavitra Crimmel from the landfill saw the wasting and created
opportunities for capturing and redistributing wealth, first at the landfill
and then on the street. Mary Appelhof taught all of us about composting with
worms and was a founder of the first national coalition of recyclers and our
grassroots recycling movement. Michele Raymond promoted extended producer
responsibility (EPR) and created an international dialog on Take Back.

Their lives are testimonies to the passion and energy, the realization
that this is global movement, can liberate, in our day to day struggle, with
life's absurdities.

Rick Anthony

May 2005