Re: [greenyes] Paperless Office-TRACKING DATA

We reported on a great resource in a newsletter last year. Check out:
http://eetd.lbl.gov/paper/

One really important point to consider, though, is that most paper reduction
programs do a horrible job tracking successes over time. First thing to do
is look at historic paper procurement data for a given business or
institution (5-10 years is desirable), then stay on top of that data as the
program proceeds.

Also, I am a strong advocate for ³reverse procurement,² meaning you request
bids for a certain dollar figure not a certain quantity of paper. Let¹s say
you normally spend $10,000 a year on copy/printer free-sheet. Put your paper
reduction program in place, then ask for bids on $7,000 worth of paper
(obviously recycled content). Your bids are the amount of paper people will
provide for that sum. You save 30% and, hopefully, ensure that your paper
reduction program has a reason to work.

Whatever the case, DOCUMENTING AND TRACKING are essential!

DB

David Biddle, Executive Director

P.O. Box 4037
Philadelphia, PA 19118
215-247-3090
215-432-8225 (mobile)
Dbiddle@no.address

<WWW.GPCRC.COM>

Read In Business magazine to learn about sustainable
businesses in communities across North America!
Go to: <http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/jgpress/>