Re: [greenyes] Re: 3 articles link mining reforms to recycling investment
Robin,
Thanks for the articles.
Did you know there are attempts for small mining policy reforms going on now in
Colorado?  see House Bill 1219 from  Rep. Kathleen Curry, D-Gunnison, and Rep.
Mark Larson, R-Cortez
http://www.garfield-county.com/home/index.asp?page=580&recordid=121

 HB 1219 would force mineral-rights owners to negotiate a surface agreement with
landowners before a final drilling permit can be issued.  (Big Ranch vs Big Oil)
Unfortunately, Public Advocacy lobbies  in this case are working hard alongside
the Oil and Gas industry to kill this bill, fearing increased heating cost rate
hikes to seniors ...
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/opinion/article/0,1299,DRMN_38_3550750,00.
html

Antoinette "Toni" Stein, PhD