From: Megan Kershner [mailto:Mkershner@no.address]
Sent: Monday, November 22, 2004 3:36 PM
To: greenyes@no.address
Subject: RE: [greenyes] Re: Cat Litter in the Waste Stream

Are you saying that untreated sewage is dumped into the Monterey Bay?
????????

If you are not saying that, please explain to me how cat litter via the
sewer treatment plant is ending up in the bay. All solids should be
removed if properly treated.

That also begs to question the difference between flushable litter and
landfilling litter. We've been taught to believe flushable is the
preferred option to land disposal. Thoughts?

Thanks,
Megan Kershner

>>> "Heidi Feldman" <hfeldman@no.address> 11/22/2004 3:29:18 PM >>>
A large increase in mysterious deaths of sea otters in Monterey Bay has
been attributed to cat litter in the sewage water. This doesn't directly
apply to the topic at hand but I think it's an alarming discovery.

Heidi Feldman
Public Education Coordinator
Monterey Regional Waste Management District
Tel.: 831/384-5313 FAX: 831/384-3567