[greenyes] RE: PEER Press Release

Unfortunately, Bush and a lot of his supporters are confirmed Millenialists who see
exploiting the Earth prior to the anticipated return of that Jewish preacher (who as such
still wouldn't be eligible for membership in certain private social institutions run by
members of the Bush "base") as their God-given duty. Long-term environmental concerns are
just not a problem for these people.
I'm reminded of a joke (?) I heard a few days ago that Bush's favorite song is "Nearer My
God to Thee." That in turn puts me in mind of a bumper sticker my partner recently put on
her car that reads "Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?"
-- Steve Bloom