[greenyes] Suggestions on increasing compost sales revenues

Our County is looking for suggestions on increasing its revenue from the
sale of our compost. We have three sites, which handle about 25,000 tons of
yard debris a year. Unscreened compost is given away, while screened
material is sold at a nominal fee, ranging from $10 for a pick-up truck load
to $55 for a tri- or quad-axle truck load. So far this year, our sales have
been just under $20,000.

One option that we are looking at is bagging the compost to expand our
sales. Any experience with this method (along with costs) -- and any other
suggestions -- would be most welcome.

John Reindl, Recycling Manager
Dane County, WI