Re: [greenyes] Involving Beverage Vendors

Dave, I sense this may not be within your terms of reference, but I have to put it on the table.

(List members who do not want to hear comments that are not directly recycling-related, delete this message now.)

The concept of "beverage vendors" in schools is a problemmatic one. This morning's Vancouver Sun newspaper (page B4) reports: "Sales of junk food should be banned in schools, majority of BCTF delegates agree".

"The (BC Teachers') Federation believes schools were forced to allow junk food vending machines after chronic under funding by government.... 'Our message should be let's get rid of the unhealthy stuff, period.' "

It adds insult to injury that the "beverage vendors" in WA don't even take back the empties.... where are the PTAs when we need them?

Helen.