[greenyes] Re: [BBAN]: Bottle Bill Legislative Update

What happened to Sen. Jeffords' (VT) National Beverage Producer Responsiblity Act?

Jenny Gitlitz <jenny.gitlitz@no.address> wrote:Hello BBANers,

There is a lot going on in the legislative sphere! As of February 2004, 14
new bottle bill proposals had been introduced in 10 states, and 22 different
proposals for bottle bill expansion had been introduced in six states with
existing deposit laws. During the last few weeks, CRI has testified in New
York (expansion) and in Mississippi (new BB proposal), and we have submitted
written testimony in Colorado. We will also be submitting written
testimony in New Hampshire (new BB proposal), and will probably be
testifying against a repeal proposal in Connecticut soon. We're also
keeping close tabs on a Massachusetts budget proposal which would expand the
bottle bill in order to funnel more unclaimed deposit cash into state
coffers.

If you are interested in receiving a legislative update spreadsheet, please
contact Kyle Paulson at CRI:
Tel (703) 276-9800, or
kpaulson@no.address

With regards,

--Jenny

Jennifer Gitlitz
Research Director, Container Recycling Institute

Home Office:
2 Pomeroy Ave.
Dalton, MA 01226
Tel. (413) 684-4746
Mobile: (413) 822-0115
Fax: (413) 403-0233
Email: jgitlitz@no.address

Container Recycling Institute headquarters:
1911 N. Ft. Myer Dr. #702
Arlington, VA 22209-1603
Tel. (703) 276-9800
Fax: (703) 276-9587