From: Kelly Malahy [mailto:kellymalahy@no.address]
Sent: Wednesday, December 17, 2003 4:05 PM
To: David Wood
Subject: GRRN - David Wood - Executive Director

Dear Mr. David Wood,

My name is Kelly Malahy.  I am a Peace Corps volunteer in El Salvador.
My village is currently working what to do with their garabage.  We do
not have garabage collection of any kind.  So, we are composting all
green materials, making recycled paper out of old paper, and burying our
plastics.  But, due to lack of space, burying garabage will not be a
sustainable option for these people.  They asked me if they could burn
the plastic.  We all know how bad that is, so we are looking for other
options.  I am not exactly sure if you deal with these kind of
situations, but any suggestions or information would be greatly
appreciated.  My village has about 5,000 people and is located in the
mountains.  Most of our plastic garbage is food wrappers, chip bags, and
plastic baggies. Thank you for you time!

Sincerely, Kelly Malahy

kellymalahy@no.address

011-503-884-6809

PVC: Kelly Malahy