RE: [greenyes] burial methods
In England - possibly the whole UK it is still (apparently) the law that you
have to buried in wool (when you die!) I don't think that the law was ever
repealed.  It was put in to protect the wool industry.  At the moment here
farmers are burning fleeces - it costs more to shear the sheep than what
they can sell them for (except for some breeds)

  My wife is a felt maker and has been making woollen shrouds.  She has
recently won a grant to develop this side of her business.  I don't know
about the need for freeze-drying surely it is enough for the usual cold
storage prior to burial?  The body - wrapped in a shroud is carried on a
wooden bier and buried & is surely the most environmentally friendly end
(or is it beginning ?)  I can think of  The opposite of polluting anyway - &
plant a tree on top to negate that burnt body in the crematorium!

A happy end!

Nicky Scott
(Chair - Community Composting Network, UK)