Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 16:19:32 -0500
From: "Ken Zarker" <KZARKER@no.address>
Industrial manufacturers seeking to gain a competitive edge now have a new
resource full of rapid solutions for cutting energy costs.
The U.S. Department of Energy has launched a new Web site, Energy Savers
for Industry Plant Managers and Engineers (www.energysavers.gov/industry),
that offers a wide array of tips, practices, information, and software
tools that, when implemented, can have immediate savings impacts on energy
use in your facilities.
Features of the site include:
· 20 ways to save energy now on combustion, steam, and process
· Case studies of other manufacturers who have successfully
implemented energy saving programs and projects
· Steps to develop an energy management action plan
· Software tools to identify energy saving opportunities in
· Information on plant energy assessments and technical assistance
Reducing your electric and natural gas bills can directly affect profits,
and boost your company's bottom line. The Energy Savers for Industry Plant
Managers and Engineers Web site (www.energysavers.gov/industry) will help
you get started today!
The development of the Energy Savers Industry website was a joint effort
between DOE and our Industries of the Future partners. We thank all
industry reviewers of the website for their contribution and input.
Industrial Technologies Program
US Department of Energy, Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy