Re: [greenyes] Sorry - as a general lurker - you've caught my attention.., Fast Food, GreenDot
Its a complex story.

By weight, PS foam is not much in the US, but it is a bit bigger by VOLUME

Most cities only look at WEIGHT

If cities measured success by weight wed only be concerned about plastics at nearly 30% and paper

GLASS is just 1.5% by volume not worth recycling in many areas

Anything that is food contaminated is expensive to recycle period doesnt matter if its paper or plastic

They tried to recycle PS foam and the economics were terrible So we now TRASH the heavier paper.

Green Dot is a SYMBOL for financing owned by DSD Germany, licensed in 16 countries including CSR in Canada

It is used in Europe but companies cant take it off too well on global packaging so they are supposed to pay a fee in Canada for the license.

No licensee in US -- pure politics I think.

Its all a complex issue and it goes back 15 years.

best of luck
Michele Raymond