[greenyes] Arctic National Wildlife Refuge Update
There have been many radio ads encouraging listeners to contact our
Democratic U.S. Sen. Ben Nelson to encourage him to vote yes for drilling and
exploration.  The ads are just short of saturation, coming about twice an
hour on popular radio stations here in Omaha.  We that oppose the drilling
are being labeled as "environmental extremists" in the ads, which are being
paid for by the AFL-CIO but probably aired on behalf of someone else.  Are
any other listserv members hearing the same type of radio commercials in
their states?  Has anything popped up on television urging their Democratic
Senators to vote yes?

It's encouraging to see that the Senate will likely vote this thing down.

John Waddell
KJWB Publications Inc./Refuse News
4140 S. 89th St., Ste. D.
Omaha, NE.  68127