  • Subject: [GreenYes] Recycling of soft and hardcover books at universities
  • From: Mary Appelhof <mappelho@no.address>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 16:58:58 -0500
The following message was sent to me by a person who is not on this listserve. If anyone can help this person out, please communicate directly with him? her? "Saima Khalil" <dosarem@no.address>

Please post your reply here, as well, as the reply may be of use to others.

Mary Appelhof

Hi there.

i wanted to know if you could provide me some information on how to
recycle books. The University I attend throws away a lot of books,
and I don't think that is the best way to dispose of books. Are
books recyclable? Most of them are soft cover. I have taken some
of them to recycle, but I wanted your opinion.

Please tell me what I should do.

Thank you,

saima khalil

--
PS We have a delightful children's color picture book, "Compost, By Gosh!" by Michelle Eva Portman. I've had a wonderful time reading it to elementary school children. . . and I know that middle school kids like it, too! Check our website for details. http://www.wormwoman.com/acatalog/Compost_By_Gosh_.html Available now.

Mary Appelhof, Author of "Worms Eat My Garbage"
Flowerfield Enterprises,10332 Shaver Road,Kalamazoo, MI 49024 USA
PLEASE NOTE NEW AREA CODE: PH:269-327-0108  FAX 269-327-7009

"Changing the way the world thinks about garbage"

New issue of WormEzine is out! Subscribe at: http://www.wormwoman.com
--- End Message ---

--- End Message ---