Re: [GreenYes] References on subsidies for virgin materialsand energy
Though focused primarily on energy, you can find a good deal of background information on how subsidies to natural resources operate on my website:  www.earthtrack.net .  You can also access some of my past work on subsidies to virgin materials there as well.

The site is entirely focused on the issue of subsidies.  Please note that the subsidy database has not yet been updated; the information in there now is a very partial picture.  Comments on site structure and content are welcomed.

-Doug Koplow

_______________________________
Doug Koplow
Earth Track, Inc.
2067 Massachusetts Avenue - 4th Floor
Cambridge, MA  02140
www.earthtrack.net
Tel:  617/661-4700
Fax: 617/354-0463

>>> "Reindl, John" <Reindl@co.dane.wi.us> 11/14/02 04:37PM >>>
One good source of information are the reports of Green Scissors, found on
their web page at http://www.greenscissors.org/main.htm. Another is the
Welfare for Waste report on the GRRN site at
http://www.grrn.org/order/welfare4waste.html

However, many reports that deal with subsidies for virgin material and
energy generally do not include state and local subsidies. Some of these can
be substantial; Wisconsin, for example subsidies forestry within the state
to the tune of over $60 million a year, and perhaps at least double that.

John Reindl, Recycling Manager
Dane County, Wisconsin

this list are available here:
http://greenyes.grrn.org/