From: John Buri [mailto:jburi@rsyllc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2002 6:14 PM
To: greenyes@grrn.org
Subject: [GreenYes] Construction Material Recycling

Hello All -

Does anyone know of a city that operates a program/facility that accepts
construction/building material and resells it or donates it for the purposes
affordable housing?

 I understand that Habitat for Humanity runs "Re-Stores" that accept
reusable household materials and sells them, however, we are in an area that
doesn't have a low cost builder (ala H4H) in it.

The purpose of establishing a program like this would be twofold, 1) help
facilitate affordable housing projects 2) divert C&D material that would
otherwise goto a landfill.

If anyone would have any contacts in cities that participate in a program
like this, please let me know.

Thanks,

John Buri

this list are available here: