[GreenYes] Re: [Greenyes Digest] V3 #70

>>> owner-greenyes@grrn.org 08/16/02 11:30PM >>>

[Greenyes Digest]       Friday, August 16 2002       Volume 03 : Number 070

Andrew:
[GreenYes] public library as a collection point for public office paper recycling
In our highly educated community of Chapel Hill NC, we can't even sustain a simple bin for recycling aluminum cans right outside the front door of the lib & next to the trash can, i'ts constantly trashed, we removed it.

Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 11:27:08 -0400
From: "Steve Hammer" <shammer@wastesaver.com>
Subject: [GreenYes] Re: managed competition:

Steve, this is a little different: The Town of Hillsborough recently bid their comm. waste collection out & our Solid Waste Management Dept for the County bid on it. We will also bid on the University's comm. waste collection later this fall.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question about cities who have =
forced municipal crews to bid against private haulers for the rights to =
certain recycling routes. =20

Here's the list of cities folks have shared with me thus far:

Charlotte, NC
Phoenix, AZ
Mesa, AZ
Indianapolis, IN