RE: [GreenYes] Zero Waste Begins at Home
This is a great example of taking personal responsibility for the trash you
generate. On the point of styrofoam and packaging...I just bought a Nikon
camera and it was packaged in molded cardboard, made from recycled paper
judging from the grey color.  I use this as an example in my presentations
because we always get inquiries about recycling styrofoam blocks.

About the overall challenge...should we look at the total amount of waste we
generate, INCLUDING recyclables? In that case, the Aramantrouts would have
won!  Also, the amount of waste generated by each person also includes stuff
at work and other areas of consumption..  In California, for example, this
more than doubles the per capita amount generated every day.
Now let's see how many of us can reach the Zero Waste goal!
Heidi Feldman
Public Education Coordinator
Monterey Regional Waste Management District
Tel.: 831/384-5313     FAX: 831/384-3567

Planet Earth is my home.
I promise to keep it healthy and beautiful.
I will love the land, the air, the water and all living creatures.
Together with my family and friends,
I will make Planet Earth a better place.
MRWMD "Small Planet" Program Pledge