From: owner-greenyes@grrn.org [mailto:owner-greenyes@grrn.org]On Behalf
Of Steen, Terri - Contractor
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2002 10:02 AM
To: 'greenyes@grrn.org'; 'Rafael Milani'; scully_101@iol.pt
Subject: [GreenYes] RE: bikes, cyties and etc....

Hi Greenyesers,
I got this email this morning and  couldn't remember for the life of me...
so I went and searched the GRRN archives, and we did talk about bicycles in
October.  Here's the link: http://greenyes.grrn.org/2001/10/index.html#00113
However, it appears we spent more time debating plastic vs. metal in bikes
(Q: bikes aren't "disposable" commodities, are they? Oh, don't get me
started!) than responding to Ines about providing free bicycles for people
to ride around cities in lieu of using cars.
Can anyone help Rafael with links to organizations that provide bikes,
regardless of material, for free or to rent in urban areas to help reduce
traffic congestion and pollution?  I know there are groups that repair bikes
in the US and donate them to poorer countries, but I don't have any
resources at hand.
Thanks, friends,
Terri