Re: [GreenYes] Re: (Green Yes) Zero Waste and Views of Others
The most telling part in the Totti article for me was his statement, "That's not the way nature works."  Indeed, nature does not collect, aggregate and entomb its waste.  It is naturally recycled and or recovered in one form or another.

Wayne Turner

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2002 4:24 PM
Subject: Re: [GreenYes] Re: (Green Yes) Zero Waste and Views of Others

I found John Trotti's article very well-reasoned.

The thing to remember is that he was looking at Zero Waste 'from the waste management standpoint' (parag 3). This naturally constrains his view. In parag. 6 he says: ... but as waste managers our duty is equally simple: take charge of the public's waste and see to its proper disposition."

Couldn't be truer!  We as a society gave over to the professionals in the waste management sector responsibility for cleaning up after us. If we don't like what we see, we should look back at that decision.

Helen.