[GreenYes] St. Sylvester ZW Event and Website
Greetings GreenYes!

Take a look at the web page and zero waste event
that has been planned by school kids in Scarborough, Ontario.

The site is unique in that it offers a petition that asks
provincial legislators to require producers to take responsibility
to create and implement earth-friendly packaging, a tenet
that is at the heart of zero waste.
There is some great artwork by the kids on the site.

We will be including a link to their site from our
Kids Recycle! area on the web and in our event calendar
and links area. (Remember, it's not too late to add your
own Zero Waste event, so visit our calendar under the
community menu.)

Please send any questions directly to Roy Fernandes
at the email address below.

Chris
GRRN

Details follow...________________________________

Who: The Gr. 7/8 class of St. Sylvester School

What: Our Zero Waste event will include an entertaining 30 minute play on
the issue of zero waste, a brief question and answer period, displays
throughout the gym, and a chance to hear environmental groups' and local
politicians' take on the issue.

Confirmed guests include: Jim Karygiannis (MP) and Gerry Phillips (MPP)

Waiting for responses from Elizabeth Witmer (Minister of the Environment),
Mayor Lastman, Earth Day Canada, Toronto Environmental Alliance, Recycling
Council of Ontario, Corporations Supporting Recycling, and a load of
business groups. Media presence is expected.

When: Monday, April 22, 2002;  10:30 a.m - 11:30 a.m.

Where : St. Sylvester School Gym,  260 Silver Springs Blvd (Kennedy/ Finch)

Why: BECAUSE IT'S EARTH DAY!

Questions: Contact  Marie, Thalia, or Mr. Fernandes at 416-393-5373
lprf008@interlog.com

Remember: IF WE BELIEVE WE'LL ACHIEVE, SO JOIN US IN
THE RACE TO ZERO WASTE!

Check out their website at:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/dsloly/zerowaste/index.html