From: David Stitzhal [mailto:stitzhal@fullcircleenvironmental.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2002 4:31 PM
To: greenyes@grrn.org
Subject: [GreenYes] Durable totes, pallets and Starbucks

Greetings GreenYes'ers, et. al.

REQUEST FOR SOURCING, ECONOMIC, AND CASE STUDY INFORMATION ON:

* DURABLE/ RETURNABLE TOTES and
* HEAVY-DUTY PLASTIC PALLETS

If you have information, case studies, economic analyses, etc. on
durable reusable totes (as replacements for cardboard boxes) I would
appreciate your forwarding them to me.  I am focusing on totes used
for shipments in the 40-pound range.

As part of some work I am doing for Starbucks, we identified possible
source reduction opportunities through introduction of return-trip
totes.  Any information I can gather will be most helpful in guiding
Starbucks' consideration of implementing such an option.

For a different application, I am also hoping to provide them with
sourcing information on heaviest-duty plastic pallets.

While I am gathering this information from many sources, the GreenYes
list-serve has always proven useful in turning up a few rare gems.
Thanks in advance for your responses.

David Stitzhal
--

David Stitzhal, MRP