[GreenYes] RE: aerosol cans
If aerosol cans are fed whole to a furnace, they will indeed explode, but
even that's fairly minor unless it involves a number of full cans.
Practically all cans go through a baling press or a steel scrap shredder and
sometimes both before arriving at the furnace, which ensures that no full
cans make it through.  Sealed units that contain significant amounts of
fuel, such as propane canisters, refrigeration compressors and automotive
torque converters are quite hazardous when they make it whole into a
furnace.
Jay