[GreenYes] Whip cream cartridge recycling
Good afternoon. Recently I visited a coffee shop (that most of you are
probably familiar with) and discovered that they are throwing away empty
whip cream cartridges.  These are steel containers (I am pretty sure
they are nonferrous steel)  that are about 2 inches long by 1/2 inch
wide.  Do any of you have any ideas on how to recycle these and/or reuse
them.  Can these be refilled? Can they be recycled as scrap metal (or
because they were pressurized they cannot be punctured for fear of an
explosion?) I spoke with a gentleman from a metal recycling company who
told me that the price for steel is a penny a pound so there is little
interest in recycling these things unless they can be included in a
waste haulers recycling program.
Also, this same coffee store receives its coffee in 5 lbs bags made
(according to the manager) of Mylar.  Any suggestions on how to
reuse/recycle/eliminate this stuff.  Since this is a large company
selling a lot of coffee and a lot of drinks with whipped cream there is
a large amount of these materials going in the garbage in our area.
Thanks for any help you can provide.  Brad.