Re: [GreenYes] question about old refridgerators
Dear Tom:

The following link is to a web page published by the University of Wisconsin
Extension Service on the issue of recycling old appliances:

http://cf.uwex.edu/ics/infosource/fullrecord.cfm?IDnumber=351

One of the options mentioned is recycling the appliance through a metal
scrap processor.  The State of Wisconsin mantains an online directory of
recycling markets which can accessed through this link:\

http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/aw/wm/Markets/category.html

Choose the category of Metals when you do your processor search.

Finally, you may want to contact the appropriate person in the county you
live in to find out if there is a program in place for assisting residents
to recycle their old appliances.  The following is a link to an online
contact list maintained by the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources:

http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/aw/wm/contacts/localcon.htm

Roger M. Guttentag
610-584-8836
rgutten@concentric.net