Fwd: RE: [GreenYes] AB939 fines? -Reply
Gary, you are correct, I believe, those are the only fines related to AB939 and the diversion goals. I think the original question was whether anyone had been hit with a fine for not reaching 50 percent in 2000. The answer to that is no, at least so far, because the numbers aren't in yet. I think the results will be known in September, but I'm not positive on that point. You're also correct that the CIWMB will try to help communities who miss the goal rather than punish them, perhaps making matters worse. I haven't heard any updated number from the 42 percent you mentioned, either. It'll be interesting to see what percentage of the cities are able to reach 50 percent.