Please respond directly to Stephen Goebel of HVS Executive Search if you are interested. His email is email@example.com
Environmental Programs Director
Position & Purpose
At Amfac Parks & Resorts, the nation's premier National and State park concessionaire, environmental stewardship is fundamental. In January 2000, Amfac adopted an ambitious Environmental Initiative reflecting Amfac's role as an industry leader in protecting and preserving our environment. Amfac has determined that the most effective way to implement its Environmental Initiative is to create the senior management position of Environmental Programs Director. The Director will be responsible for assisting more than 25 Amfac properties in National and State parks and private resorts with the implementation and application of the Environmental Initiative to the individual properties, in settings as diverse as the Florida Everglades, Death Valley, Yellowstone, Silverado Country Club & Resort and the Grand Canyon. The position will involve developing, implementing and maintaining environmental strategies and programs for Amfac Parks & Resorts, consistent with the Environmental Initiative. The Director will also be responsible for ensuring compliance with all applicable environmental laws.
This senior management position will report to Amfac's Vice President & Assistant General Counsel.
A minimum of either: (1) a Master's Degree in Environmental Science, or another relevant field, and 4 years' professional experience, preferably within the hospitality industry, in all phases of conservation and environmental management; or (2) a Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science, or another relevant field, and 6 years' professional experience, preferably within the hospitality industry, in all phases of conservation and environmental management.
The position requires pragmatic business and ecological sense, as well as the ability to implement programs that benefit Amfac's guests, employees, property owners, and the ecosystems in which Amfac operates. The Director must communicate effectively with both corporate and field employees to explore, identify and exploit opportunities to minimize the environmental impacts of Amfac's business practices.
The position also requires familiarity with environmental laws and regulations as they relate to the hospitality industry, and an ability to keep abreast of this developing and complex field. Well-developed personal computer skills are also essential.
· Implementing Amfac's Environmental Initiative
· Developing, documenting and implementing conservation and environmental strategies consistent with Initiative for each property
· Analyzing company operating practices/activities from an environmental perspective to identify areas for improvement
· Working with each property in setting standards for operating systems, purchasing of materials and energy conservation
· Developing and implementing opportunities for collaboration with vendors and property owners
· Analyzing, improving and implementing more energy-efficient systems and technologies
· Developing Environmental Stewardship Committees at each property
· Monitoring and measuring impact of programs and cost conservation benefits to Amfac
· Overseeing compliance with all environmental laws and regulations
· Understanding application of existing environmental laws and regulations to Amfac's properties
· Monitoring new environmental laws and regulations
· Advising individual Amfac properties of applicable laws and regulations
· Assisting properties in complying with laws and regulations
· Overseeing individual park managers and engineering departments under the National Park Service Environmental Management Program
· Serving as Amfac's environmental spokesperson
· Communicating with guests, property owners and prospective clients on environmental matters
· Working with governmental agencies on resolving environmental challenges and capitalizing on opportunities
· Preparing environmental sections of company's bids for concession contracts and new business opportunities
· Selecting, monitoring and communicating with Amfac's environmental consultants
· Developing environmental stewardship training programs, covering sustainability, utility and water systems, conservation and management, procurement, and environmental management systems
HVS Executive Search
2152 Polynesia Circle
Henderson, NV. 89014
(702) 617-0637 Fax
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Fri Jul 28 2000 - 11:21:09 EDT