[GreenYes] Re: two men have just finished a 2,600 mile journey from California to Hawaii.

My motto is: Plastic Breaks, usually too soon and lasts too long after it does.
----- Original Message -----
From: Dan Knapp
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2008 3:10 PM
Subject: [GreenYes] Re: two men have just finished a 2,600 mile journey from California to Hawaii.

To all:

Congratulations to these eco-adventurers.  Any pictures?

A footnote:  my 28 years in the reuse business tells me plastics are not forever at all.  Everything put together falls apart sometime.  Plastics age and decompose much faster than many competing materials.  That's not to say they're benign.

But forever is a long, long time.

Dan Knapp
Urban Ore, Inc., a reuse and recycling business in Berkeley, California since 1980