[GreenYes] Re: charging for recycling at drop-off centers

Title: [GreenYes] Re: charging for recycling at drop-off centers

At 7:17 AM -0700 8/5/08, Kate wrote:

>I'm looking for examples of drop-off centers that charge residents for
>recycling traditional materials (cardboard, aluminum, plastic bottles,
>glass, paper, etc).

Recycling Services Inc. of Pottstown, PA, charges $8 per car to drop
off recycling at their facility. Their website is
<http://www.recyclingservices.org/>.

Some folks I know go there to recycle plastics #3-#8 and other items
not commonly recyclable at curbside in the Philadelphia suburbs, but
I see people dropping off large quantities of cardboard, newspapers,
and glass. Presumably the latter do not have access to curbside
recycling.

Anne